Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On the Highway to Hell!

Okay...so, last Saturday I had planned to go to Dark Lady and then head to Mirabar. But, as they say, the best laid plans....

So I went to meet up with Grace and Ryan at the Providence Place Mall and then we were going to go over there together. Grace was still with her two younger cousins, so we went to take them home -- of course stopping at Newport Creamery for food and ice cream on the way -- and then we headed to the Dark Lady.

It was PACKED. We were late, but it was still early for it to be that crowded. Matt was over at Mirabar, and he had to leave early, so I saw him for about thirty seconds out on the sidewalk (sad face!) And inside....wowza mcwowza! TONS of people! It was thoroughly exciting and tons of fun.

And the big triumph of the night? There's a guy in Providence, who shall remain unnamed, but I've had lustbunnies for him for like two year now, and he actually flirted with me! I'm pretty much feeling like the sexiest thing ever right now.

So we never actually left to go to Mirabar, but we had a total blast.

So I got up the next morning, went to the Easter Sunday service with my family. We had an Easter dinner, just the family no extended family, around 2 pm. That was all the Easter we did, which was more than fine with me. I never used to get sick (before they put me on immunosupressants) but for some reason I was always sick at Easter. I can remember maybe twice being sick when it wasn't Easter in my whole life, so it's not my favorite holiday.
I did enjoy the couple of hours I spent at Trixx that night though!
We road tripped back from Pennsylvania, and it was quite an adventure. Meghan, Dara, Amanda, and I. Oooh boy! That was an adventure -- and I'm not even talking about the guy that Amanda and I saw peeing at the gas station. Ewwwwwwww. Meghan and I left my house and headed into Connecticutt, up to Massachusetts to grab Dara and Amanda. We switched off driving each time we stopped, so each of us (except Dara) drove once for three or four hours. It was a much longer trip than the usual six hour drive I have when I go it alone. Not sure how or why that happens. We did go a totally different route though, we got on 84 in Massachusetts and took that all the way to Scranton, PA, where we got on 81 and took that down to 83.
At one point we got off to find a McDonald's for lunch. Rhonda was giving us directions to the nearest McDonald's, but she left out a little teeny tiny turn we had to do. Amanda was driving, and in perfect Amanda-style she pulled a double u-turn -- effectively a three quarter circle -- in the middle of the road to get us back on track. That was maybe my favorite moment.

My least favorite moment? We stopped by the mall I work at along the way, since we were going by and I had a paycheck there.
Or thought I had a paycheck there but apparently several hours of work I did have either gone missing, or the check is being mailed to me. Since I'm not getting hours except for the once-a-month overnight, I'm livid. I need the money!! I don't know how I'm scraping together enough for all of the bills this month, but I'm betting I'm calling Grandma for help again this month. And the job hunt isn't going well because I'm seriously busy -- which makes me wonder, could I even work another job? If it's not late at night, I don't know.
Anyways, that's neither here nor there.The best part was discovering that if we photographed cars that were moving slowly in the high speed lane, they would speed up.
PS Since I know that the saga of Katie's foot is becoming epic, I wanted to share with you the latest update: she went to physical therapy and the therapist told her that her foot was not sprain but was in fact broke. Shocked? I'm not. So she's going to see -- surprise, surprise -- another doctor! But she's getting a second opinion and hopefully this doctor won't be so...much like the last one.

And in answer to the question people keep asking me -- yes, I'm still very bitter. :P

(Pictures in this post courtesy of Ryan, Amanda!) (And thanks to Rhonda, below, for the directions and adventures...)

3 comments:

A Lewis said...

Lustbunnies. I like that. Love the adventure roadtrip! Sad about the paycheck.

Sue said...

Poor Katie! She must be so fed up with the medical system by now! Good luck with your new "lustbunny". hehehe!

filthyhot said...

just stumbled upon the site and love it.

taking pics of slow moving cars can be dangerous though. you never know who is behind the wheels these days...mostly crazies.

be careful.

i'm a slow moving driver too..lol. but not the crazy kind