Sunday, June 08, 2008

"And if our good fortune never comes, here's to whatever comes"

I'm going to be honest with you all.
I have no idea where I've been all week. I mean, not literally. Literally, I know. But time has flown by, it almost seems like it's been somebody else and I've been fast-forwarding the tapes, occasionally slowing down for a minute or two so as not to miss something while I'm eating.

I've filled out so many job applications, my eyes started to hurt. And I handed them in. I improved my resume. I deleted my resume and made a better resume. I handed out resumes. And now, I wait. Most of those didn't get out til Thursday so I'm not expecting anyone to call until Tuesday -- if at all. I don't know how many of you have noticed: the economy sucks.

I got this brace for my elbow, to help me be able to straighten it. I'm not sure how to describe it except for a white and red piece of plastic torture. With velcro. And for at least two half hours every day (not consecutive) I bend my arm into a right angle (which is not like, hard or anything but it has to be pretty exact) attach this grotesque invention to my arm, turn the little knob/dial/thing-gummy and it straightens my arm until it starts to ache. And then I whimper quietly to myself while I wait for it to stop aching (usually about five minutes), and then I twist the knob again and straighten my arm more until it aches some more. And this goes on for, like a said, a half an hour. Twice a day. Tomorrow I get to start doing it three times a day, and I for one am overjoyed, as you can imagine. Fortunately, I still have one free hand which allows me to do....well, very little that's worth doing. :P

Other than that, there's been the usual clubbing going on. Like every night. Also, my dad had a birthday. He's impossible to shop for, so I made mom get my present like I always do. I picked out a card though, I'm a good kid. Anyways, this weekend I worked Friday and Saturday once again, the money was decent and no -- we didn't take any pictures this weekend, sorry Lewis and anonymous Facebook friend who IMed me to tell me how much you liked last weeks picture. :P Today I went to a cookout in Connecticutt with a bunch of friends from the clubs. It was a fabulously wonderful time, I met a few new people and had quite a great time.

And now I'm home watching In Plain Sight. I need to stop updating only on Sundays or this show is going to become like the patron TV show of Grahamblings. :P

This week, I'm going to hopefully interview for some jobs, hand out more applications, go to physical therapy again, go shopping for fairy wings for the Dark Lady's pride party, go clubbing and partying, work at Dark Lady....and who knows what else? I guess we'll see and I will let you all know.
Hopefully this week, even if things are still fast-forwarding, I'll feel more like I'm inside, not watching. :P

5 comments:

Sh@ney said...

Best of Luck with the up coming interviews sweet man.
I know how you feel when life swoops down and takes too many moments away all at once. You kinda feel like you missed a few days some where in between.

But I see you are still partying like there is no tomorrow, so something must be going OK...*winks*

big hugs, take care of you & kiss kiss

xox

A Lewis said...

Velcro....reminds me of going to the store this week and looking for some. I couldn't find it and went to ask the store employee where it was. She said, "What's velcro...I've never heard of it." Oh my god. I just turned and walked away.

Grahamburger said...

Lewis...seriously??? How can you not have heard of velcro???

Shaney, it would take a zombie plague to keep me from partying like there's no tomorrow. Of course, that's why I keep a crobar in my trunk -- always prepared for the zombie plague. :P

Sue said...

I don't envy you interviewing in this economy. when I interviewed during my college summers in the 70's it was sort of like this and that's why I went off to sell bible books in the South. Um, don't do that. It really sucked big time. Just keep at it up here and best of luck!

Paisid said...

good luck with job applications!