Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sweet temptation wash all over me

I'm not doing so hot on this updating every day thing, am I? I keep getting distracted every time I come online. First, I found this bunch of games where you get to be morally ambiguous characters -- which I adore that sort of thing. They're simple yet fun and addictive RPG sort of things -- I know, I'm being a geek right now, deal with. There's one for pirates, two different Mafia ones (a 1925 game and a 1955 game) and a game set in the future where you get to play a futuristic criminal type, they call them "CyberPunks". This is totally the sort of game where, if you were young and impressionable, you would run out mugging people in real life later. What a terrible influence on society -- and what a great way to get reduce boredom. :)

I also, just ten minutes ago, stumbled across something on my Facebook news feed (god it's a creepy thing, but oh-so-good). Friends of mine joined a fan-group for a blog, so of course I had to check it out. And that's how I discovered Catty, Bitch Queens. It's a fictional, episodic soap opera-type thing following a group of gay friends all (or maybe most? I haven't read all of it) in a theater department at some school in Providence. So, you know I love it -- Providence, plus gays, plus theater, plus other people's drama. And, hey, there's even nightclubs!
I have to say, I love love love the format it's in. Each "episode" is narrated by a different one of the characters. It takes a minute and some reviewing of past episodes to get how interconnected all these characters are, but that sort of pulled me in. I only have two issues with two things in the series: there does not seem to be a fag hag in the bunch -- and that, of course, is a necessity because who else is going to simultaneously keep the gays in line AND create even more, somewhat unnecessary drama by being the supportive fag hag to the whole crew of them? S'all I'm saying. Also, Providence as an anti-gay city? I can only suspend my disbelief so much -- it sounds so much more like York or Harrisburg than Providence of all places. (Though the mugging is about right...)
Still, I've been really enjoying reading it and I will be adding it to my blogroll (over on the right, check 'em out if you haven't already).
(PS, Kiddos! When is there going to be a Grahamblings fan group on Facebook? :P WTF mate?)

Anyways, this week hasn't been the most exciting thing ever, lots of down time for me to look into things like Pirate Quest.....
However, I have made several new friends, including a boyyyyy that I like (and a couple of others who I have totally slutty lustbunnies for. God they make 'em hot in this state. That explains me too, I guess. :P)
I went to karaoke night again this past Tuesday, which was fun. Then Wednesday night I went to retro night at Mirabar, so yay! Thursday I hung out with the boy...who is named Matt, which is going to make tagging him in blog posts super confusing. (Haven't we always frowned upon repeating names -- especially when the name in question appears in my immediate family as well? :P)
We rented two movies -- Mad Money (which I think may have been Katie Holmes' best performance ever) and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. (I'm sensing a pirate theme this week. Arr, matey!) Both great movies, I had a really good time...and have, of course, failed to call him since then. I suck at this whole like social skills/liking people thing. I'll call him tonight....or tomorrow.

Friday night I went to work at Dark Lady (after my mother guilt tripped me about gas prices, but I can't very well be like "Yes, mom, I know, and I'm going to go be almost naked in front of a bunch of strangers so I don't have to worry about gas, shut the fuck up bitch.") It was my first night back since I was ill for last weekend's military ball. It was great, I had a blast, I got a ton of tips. And I met a gorgeous, gorgeous guy named Darren. From New York, who was too drunk to remember me. But he has my phone number anyways. I was a little distracted because Darren was right in front of me all night, so I probably could have made even more than I did but oh well.

Saturday I headed up to Massachusetts for Jason's -- my friend who bartends at Dark Lady, not the Jason from Pennsylvania -- graduation party. I got there at about 5:30 and fortunately my friend Rich was there, because otherwise I would only have known Jay and that can be awkward. I ate for the first two hours and then I started to socialize. I talked to most everyone there, until I sort of settled down and talked to Tom, who is this seriously, impressively built cop (and a complete smartass) and Keenan I think his name was? It started with a Kee and ended with an "in" sound but sometimes when people said his name it almost sounded like there was no "n" in the middle? I don't know. People talk too fast here. :P Anyways, I stayed sitting around them until about 10:30 when I headed off to work another night at the Dark Lady. It was going really well for tips at first, and then the drag queens went on and did their show. It was Miss Kitty Litter's birthday, you see, so it was a big deal, this show. And they were raising money for AIDS charities so they milked money out of everyone. Which is great, they made a ton. But I didn't. :P

And now, today, I'm here, reading and playing morally corruptive games on the Internet. :P In Plain Sight on USA airs its first episode tonight at 10! I'm so excited!!

1 comment:

A Lewis said...

Hey man, I'm digging those little skimpy striped shorts.....not so bad at all. Hot smile too. Thanks for sharing. Maybe you could email me a LARGE version??? Hehehe. I'm such a pervert.