Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Birthday Weekend!!

Okay, where did I leave you guys off at? Oh, yes, yes...I told you it was my birthday but neglected to mention anything else.

So, sad news: I haven't run into car guy again. Not that I haven't tried, but that's beside the point.

So, Friday night I went to Topher's house and happened to be there at midnight when it became my birthday. So yay that! Shortly thereafter we went to Dark Lady where we talked to the manager. He told me to come in Tuesday to get scheduled. YAY JOB!!

Anywho, Adam was at Dark Lady and told us that Jon was at Dark Lady. Now, Jon and I were still in a rather bizarre place because of the things he'd drunkenly said at Pride...so I thought "okay, we'll go over." Topher and I went and hung out outside of Mirabar. That was super fun, actually, as there wasn't much time left for them to be open and everyone kept coming out, so we actually saw a million people. Including Jon. Who was with a boy, but whatever.

So I met a man named Steve who took Adam, Topher, and I out to breakfast for my birthday. We had invited Jon and his boy, but they showed up at the restaurant to tell us they couldn't eat with us. Because, y'know, not coming wouldn't have gotten the message across. :P After I gorged myself on chocolate chip pancakes, I went home and went to sleep.

I woke up, showered, got dressed and went to work at A&F. Work was a lot of fun, especially because everyone was bragging to everyone about how it was my birthday. And my manager gave me a walkie-talkie to use for the day. It was exciting.
After work, I went to dinner just outside the mall with my family. Grace waits tables at a restaurant there, so of course we went to torture her. It was good food, and of course she tried to embarrass me by having the whole staff of the restaurant come to do their birthday chant thing to me. Unfortunately for her, the first line of the chant is "We can't sing, so here's our thing".
So I said to her, "But you can sing, what gives?" :D

We left the restaurant and headed to Providence for Waterfire. There's really no way of describing Waterfire, so I won't...but if they're having one on your birthday, and you're in Rhode Island...there is just no way you miss it. So we went.
After that I headed to Energy and ran into tons of people. Chris and Bill were out, Dave and Josh, Bill, Roland, Scott and Mike...it was a good time. Grace met up with me there after she got off work and we met some new friends there (another Dave...we need more names in this city!). After that, a bunch of us trekked to Mirabar. She and I ran into Kenny there, which was so exciting. His boyfriend John was, unfortunately, not out. I didn't know why, but I just talked to John so I know why now. :P

Anywho, following going out, and almost everyone was out so that was fun, a bunch of us headed out for breakfast. I didn't know most of the group, but they all turned out to be fabulous and amazing. Josh and Grace were actually the only two I knew ahead of time. It was a great time, and I got home at, I think, 5:30 in the morning. I was the first one home.

I woke up the next day, showered, and was almost immediately told that the whole family was there for my birthday and I was the only one missing. Yikes.
So I scrambled to get dressed and ran downstairs and we chatted for a bit, then ate lunch, then did presents. The loot report was such:
-Dungeon Siege II: Broken World (my brother burned it for me because he knows how much I was dying for that! I'm a big fan of the Dungeon Siege games)
-Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris (the second book of the Southern Vampire novels...of which I have the first, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth.)
-The Dragon King Saga by Stephen Lawhead (he's totally my favorite author and this series, which my dad found all in one book, has been on my list for years)
-A new battery for my laptop, it desperately needed it. Unfortch, my dad got me an upgraded battery and it won't charge on the adapter I have, which I can't explain. It may that my adapter was dead, not my old battery. Who knows?
-Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
-Son of a Witch by Gregory Macguire (the sequel to Wicked, which I have and read.)
-Eragon (Inheritance, Book 1) by Christopher Paolini.
And plenty of money. All in all, a good haul. :)

Anyways, yesterday I worked at A&F. It was horrible, we won't discuss it.
Today's been good. No work. Jon and I are supposed to hang out soon, and then he Grace and I should be going to Justin's movie night, and then I'm stopping by Energy to see John and Kenny and then I'm going to Dark Lady to get scheduled and then I will returning to Justin's house to finish movie night.

For those of you in the US, please, please, please, please visit this link, watch the video, and fill out the form.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated b-day Cray!! Sorry I missed it; I was out of town until today.

Incidentally, you're going to *love* Son of a Witch. It was a really nice follow up to Wicked.

Brad said...

The HRC thing to my senators is done. Thanks for the linkage.

kevin said...

Happy belated birthday.

Sending you a big hug from down here in the southern hemisphere.

Kev in NZ

Sue said...

Sounds like a great B'day haul! You made out like a bandit man! Great going!

Sh@ney said...

Ok you are just way to BUSY young man I cant keep up...lol
All I want to hear is that you have the man of your dreams, the perfect job, and a smile upon your face!!!
hugs xoxo