Saturday, May 03, 2008

Birthdays abound!

I have celebrated so much birthdays lately! It's making me even more excited for mine!

Amanda's birthday was Friday so we went out to XS on Thursday and went down to Town on Friday to celebrate. Amanda, Jeff, Cody, Michael, and I went down to DC with Brendan. Coincidentally, my friend Aaron has been celebrating his birthday as well (which was Wednesday) in the same locations. To surprise Amanda, Brighid and Tyler came down to DC. She loved it. (I'll let you all imagine the things going on in my head.) Town was actually really awkward and uncomfortable for me until I decided to bail on the people I came with and hang out almost exclusively with Alphonso. I guess I should have taken three Percocets instead of just two. (The third one for the high and not the pain relief -- although I got jostled a lot and that was not fun either.)

So, this week has been overall, quite enjoyable because, honestly, karma's a raging bitch on PMS and she is kicking everybody's asses. I know it's sick, but I love it. There's been several examples of this, most of which I'm not going to get into because I know that won't end well.

First -- and probably my favorite -- who remembers Anthony? My ex who cheated on me, on my campus after just a couple weeks? Saw him -- didn't recognize him, he looks reminiscent of a hobo at the moment -- and he proceeded to tell me, as if I would be sympathetic, that his ex cheated on him. With a girl. Actually, the situation it seems was very Kat-esque in that the girl was in the picture the whole time, and Anthony was unknowingly the "other man".
Love. My. Life.

There is another karmic incident that you will no doubt be interested in, but at present I can't.

My least favorite of these incidents is actually a realization that I totally had my own karmic kickback (that doesn't seem to be over yet). I'm not going to get into too much, because the boy in question does read this blog. (Or did...given his (what I've interpreted as) distant and strange behavior over the past couple days, I'm not going to make any attempts to predict anything he does.) Suffice to say, I was an asshole and I had the whole thing with Michael coming to me, totally earned. Not sure I've earned all of the treatment I've been getting but...oh well. I've been told by multiple people I just need to let "it" blow over for a few days. No clue was "it" is, of course. And I'd rather have "it" get talked about than have "it" lying under the surface of our friendship waiting for an opportunity to boil to the surface and cause even more trouble later.

Now, for the final point of this entry...Jeff, Adam Brody is this guy:And whether or not you agree with me, you definitely look like the love child of Adam Brody and Orlando Bloom.

No comments: